Are you planning to give a Ring as a gift to your special someone? Or you wanted to Buy one for yourself and its your first time.
It is a beautiful idea to give a Ring as the Anniversary gift , this is something that stays always close to them and always remind them of you.
Ring is Definitely No.1 choice when proposing your will be love. Often an element of surprise is something that comes to your mind when giving A Ring as gift using 30% off this Black Friday session Sale online . But its really difficult to judge the exact ring size just looking at fingers, as we are not an expert in this.
So bigger question always comes what should be Exact ring size I must choose especially when buying the Ring online as internet offers millions of choices.
WHAT IS RING SIZE?
The Ring sizes are numbers linked with the diameter or circumference of the inside of the ring’s band. It is often measured in terms of Ring size in mm, cm or inches. Different country has different system of numbers or letters to define general standard of measuring the ring. Different country follow USA, UK and European ring size standards as mentioned in below table as per their geographic locations.
Getting the right Ring size is extremely important since you can’t risk losing it because of the imperfect fit! A wide “comfort-fit” ring is easier to slide on your fingers than a ring with a flat inner surface.
If you want to give a surprise to her you can also ask her friends and family members to look after her size. As this will also be a great option to find the perfect size.
Rings that are too large may accidentally fall off, and it rotates around the finger, making them difficult to wear and enjoy.
Fit Diamond Ring Loose Diamond Ring
On the other hand, a too-tight ring will restrict the blood flow of the finger. It can cause skin swelling, making the fingers appear fat and blocking the ring’s side view. Even you either cannot wear it or it will surely hurt your finger
We recommend a tighter fit that will keep your ring more secure and eliminate the risk of it sliding off your finger on its own.
METHODS TO FIGURE OUT YOUR RING SIZE:
The most reliable way to determine the ring size is to go to the jeweler. Of course, many people will do this absolutely for free. You can also try different ways to figure out the ring size, like:
A - GIVING THEM ANOTHER RING OF SAME SIZE TO MAKE
The easiest thing is to take a ring if you have the one and give it or send to the manufacturer/jeweler to make.
They will map it in ring size mapper tool and make the one exactly same size.
This might be not workable if this is your first time purchase of a ring.
This might not even work, if you have Gain or lose quite a weight.
B - FIGURE OUT RING SIZE USING STRING/FLOSS
OPTION - 1
You can measure your ring size at home using a string or floss. Wrap a string around your finger, marking where it first overlaps with a pen. Then, unwrap it and take down its length in millimeters.
Sometimes the result you get is not appropriate with this method. As periodically strings can be stretched. Here, you take the size of the finger but it will not slip from the knuckles as they are slightly bigger than fingers.
- Please use 5mm comprehensive or simpler, 1 cm tailoring paper.
- Loosely wrap the finger you want to put on the ring, locate and mark where the ends meet.
- Just use a millimeter ruler to measure the strip of paper.
Example: If you get 5.4 cm, the size is 54 mm. If the mark is between two scales, indicate a more considerable extent.
You can also use a ring size adjuster, which is a template that shows the ring sizes; here's an example:
International Ring Size Conversion Chart
C - FIGURE OUT USING VIRTUAL RING SIZER
Measure ring size with a virtual ring sizer-This technique requires you to print a virtual ring sizer. On this, ring sizes are represented in many circles that correspond to different sizes of rings.
After printing, place a ring (that already fits you) on the circle until you find the one that matches up with the inside circumference of your ring. When you have figured out the closest similar ring in the display with your ring, you only need to see the number under the ring.
It is your finger size. These are just averages, and each individual's fingers have different characteristics. For example, some people have larger knuckles and will need a larger size.
When purchasing online, determining the size of the ring size can be a bit tricky. Several typical methods can be used, but none of them is exact. There has never been an excellent way to apply thread or paper because these products may turn, stretch, or even bend (cardboard is better). The ring's quick guides depend on your computer settings.
Use a ruler to measure the size of a ring- If you have a ring of the right size, you can use a ruler or a caliper to find the value of the ring's inner diameter.
D - MEASURE RING SIZE AT PRINT RING RULER
It is recommended that measuring the ring size should be done in the morning, just before beginning of the day. This is to avoid incorrect measurements which will lead to ordering rings that are too large for your finger. Use a ring size mapper: You can find this online, download and print it and cut. Follow the procedure below to attain correct measurements
- Cut out the ring sizer after downloading from the vendor’s website.
- Cut a slit for a slot at point A. (see fig. below)
- Wrap the sizer around the finger of groom or bride. Ensure the numbers face outwards for easy reading.
- Pull the pointed end B through Slot A until the sizer is snug. Make sure to allow size for your knuckle.
- The number aligned with Slot "A" is your ring size.
- If the measurement lands between two numbers, your size is a half size.
E - BUY RING SIZER ONLINE
Most of the other ways to measure your ring size was hardly costing you a dime. But this one is almost 100% accurate. You can just go to online sites like Amazon, Ebay or even do google and search for “Buy Ring sizer online”. You will get plenty of options costing USD 2 to USD 10 range. And you can order one and map your exact ring size.
Few Lead to Find the Correct Size
- Always measure your ring size at the end of the day as your finger expands a little bit at the end of the day.
- You can compare another ring to clarity size guide chart to find the accurate fit.
- As you all know different fingers have different so, always try to measure your ring on the finger you want to wear it on.
- Knuckles are a little larger than fingers so try to buy the ring that meets a little opposition at the knuckle, but not too much.
- Take measurements for the several days as the size of the finger varies sometimes due to intake of some ingredients like salt. Finalize the average size to get the perfect size of the ring.
- You can buy a little larger ring as you can remove excess metal from the ring.
Advice for buying a ring for your partner as a gift
- Buying a ring as a gift for your partner is something difficult as the size factor affects the most.
- You can ask a friend/family member to get a ring of her size.
- You can go with an adjustable ring.
- You can borrow the ring and measure it according to the above-mentioned tricks.
A Local Jewelry Store
You can check in the jewelry store and can ask the jeweler to tell you the exact size of the ring as these services provided by the jewelers are cost free. Hence, this way you can find your precise size so don't feel pressurized to buy anything from there.
Each jeweler in different countries has a unique way to determine Ring size. However, this measurement can only be a reference in choosing the proper ring size because fingers are flesh and bone that can’t be measured accurately, like measuring hard metal objects such as rings.
The correct ring size is the ring that can stay on the finger snugly yet comfortably and can be taken off with little resistance. Measure your fingers that you wish to put the ring on, and compare your measurement with the Ring Size Chart.
Therefore, many types of charts for ring size available, either on the internet GEMONE DIAMOND or in jewelry stores.
Fortunately, there are conversion charts for the different ring size charts which you can use if your jeweler is not located in your own country.